The Republic of Azerbaijan issues 2 types of visas – entry and transit visas - to foreigners and stateless people.
1. Entry visa;
- A single- entry visa allows only one entry-exit to the country within this period.
- A multiple entry visa is valid for 2 years. This visa type allows a person to enter and exit the country several times within relevant period.
A period of staying in the country is limited by a validity period of a visa. A visa becomes invalid if it is not used during its validity period.
2. A single-entry and a double-entry transit visas are issued to foreigners and stateless persons who pass through the Republic of Azerbaijan to a destination outside Azerbaijan. Validity period of a transit visa is 30 days, while staying period in the country is 5 days. Transit visas are granted on the basis of circumstances of a particular transit itinerary, use of air, water, railway and other types of transport means and for a necessary period of time.
Foreigners and stateless persons may obtain ordinary entry visas if they come to the country for the following purposes:
- Science and education
- Culture and sport
- Personal travel
- Medical treatment
Diplomatic or service category entry visas are issued to persons who come to the country for official purposes.
Documents required for visa issuance
In accordance with article 36 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the following documents are required for visa issuance:
1. Sample of application form approved by an appropriate authority of executive power (a sample is attached);
2. Passport or other travel document and copies of their main pages;
3. Two color photographs (3x4cm) matching with biometric identification requirements;
4. A copy of medical insurance certificate (if a host does not undertake to pay for medical services);
5. Application submitted by a party inviting a foreigner and a stateless person to the Republic of Azerbaijan, a sample (a sample is attached) of which is approved by an appropriate authority of the executive power, a registered copy of a certificate (for non-governmental organizations), a document proving the purpose of an invitation (these documents are not required for transit, tourism, official and personal travel visas);
6. In addition to the documents set forth in article 36.1 of this Code a notarized copy of a birth certificate, a permission of parents or a legitimate representative and copies of identification documents are required for issuance of visa to foreigners and stateless persons under 18 holders of a passport travelling without his/her parent or a legitimate representative.
Amount of a state duty for visa issued by the Embassy for Iranian citizens is as following:
Ttransit visa and single entry visa - 20 US dollars
Multiple entry visa - 350 US dollars
Attention! A validity period of a passport or other travel document should exceed a validity period of an expected visa at least by 3 months.